I can't believe that Christmas will be here in 12 days, can you? I don't know about you, but it's tough sticking to clean meals and a workout schedule during the holidays. Between holiday parties, pot lucks at work, and hours spent shopping, it seems damn near impossible to accomplish it all. There will be days when you divulge in a few cookies, sleep in a bit later cuddling under the blankets, and skip a workout to spend time with family and friends, it's OKAY!
You know what's not okay? Forgetting about yourself!
It's the season of giving, but we can't just think about others (contrary to what everyone has told you growing up), we must remember to give to ourselves. Not materialistic things like you might be thinking... if you've been good, I'm sure Santa will leave you a bunch of presents under your tree on Christmas morning.
- Give Yourself TIME
- Whether that means waking up 5 minutes earlier to meditate, or have a more relaxing drive to work, 20 minutes for a nice long, hot bath, 30 minutes to get a good sweat in, or an hour long nap.
- Give Yourself A DAY OFF
- Off of work, off of shopping, off of working out, off of thinking. Sometimes we all need a day off to bounce back, especially during the holiday rush.
- Give Your Body SELF-CARE
- It's so important to take care of your body, whatever that means in your eyes. If it means treating yourself to a massage or a yoga class filled with stretching then so be it. If it means taking a nice warm bath after getting a manicure/pedicure, then go for it. If it means curling up in a bed with a cup of hot tea and a good book, having a facial, then what's stopping you? Cuddle up by the fire, and take some deep breaths, marveling at the amazing thing that is your life, and feeling grateful.
- Give Your Body NUTRITIOUS FOOD
- With all the holiday sweets that may have slipped into your mouth (I know Grandma's cookies are hard to say no to), your body is craving greens and whole foods. Make sure at least 80% of your meals are clean! Try this green smoothie to make sure you're getting your greens in, and try to only indulge in one meal/snack a day! No reason to stuff your face the whole day!
- Give Your Body a CHALLENGING WORKOUT
- Try a new fun fitness class, sign up for an ugly sweater run/hot chocolate 5K race, grab a friend and do a partner workout, or follow the 12 Days of Fitmas workouts below!
- Give Yourself a BREAK
- Didn't get a workout in or drank one too many glasses of wine? Cut yourself a break and move on!
- Give Yourself a CHANCE
- A chance to see what you're truly capable of...
Much like our HIITSGIVING Challenge, I've put together a 12 days of Fitmas Challenge. Each day I'll add a new present under the tree. Inside that present is an exercise move that you'll complete - the length of time or rep depends on the day. Each day, you must complete that day's workout, as well as all of the days prior!
Let's get this started! Time to open your first gift underneath the Christmas tree!
I present to you... the 12 Days of FITMAS
(Sung to the tune of The 12 Days of Christmas)
On the First Day of Fitmas, my PERSONAL TRAINER gave to meeeeee..
a 1 minute plank under the tree!