Wait, what... I haven't blogged since August? Oh my... I have missed this more than you even realize. Life has been crazy. I was away in Texas towards the end of August visiting my brother with my family, when we got back Sal and I closed on our first home, and then a few days later we were off to Mexico with my boyfriend... now FIANCE'! Yes, that's right, he proposed on the sandy beaches of Mexico and we could not be happier. When we got back we moved into our house, and have been updating and redoing things ever since. I was finally able to hook up my computer, even though I am currently using the floor as my desk. My schedule has been crazy behind belief. I work two jobs and between the hospital, the gym, and my commute time, I have barely got enough time in the day to squeeze in a workout, let alone the energy to get it done. My body has been off, as have my moods, and I'm not feeling like myself. I skipped out on the two other Spartans I had planned to run because I felt like not only was my body not ready for it - between being exhausted and not having trained properly - but my mind just wasn't into it, and I knew if I had tried to run them, I would have gotten injured.
While it has been hard, I have been trying to establish a little morning routine, and I'm hoping to include a workout, eventually. I think if I started my morning on a more positive note, and put my mind into my workout, and have that start my day, I would be much better off, and I might actually feel more in control of my own life.
My New Morning Routine:
After having slept for roughly 7 hours, if I'm lucky, I wake up and meet Sal in the kitchen before he goes off to work. I have some water, and then we do a shot of Ginger Turmeric Kombucha, freshly made from a stand at our local farmer's market. That one shot glass is filled with so many health benefits, it's crazy.
Benefits of Ginger:
- Has anti-blood-clotting abilities - helps against strokes and heart disease
- It's an effective digestive aid and natural remedy for nausea by relaxing the smooth muscle in your gut lining, it helps to move the food along
- Helps promote regular metabolism
- Boosts the immune system by preventing the accumulation of toxins which make our bodies susceptible to infections
- Effective against bacterial infections
- Effective against fungus
- Powerful choice to aid in ridding the body of stomach ulcers and GERD
- High anti pain properties
- Aids in delaying the growth of cancer cells
- Improves diabetes
Benefits of Turmeric:
Go ahead... just google benefits of turmeric, and check out all the medications it trumps!
- Helps slow and prevent blood clotting
- Safe and effective in helping depression
- Helps control inflammation
- Helps to manage arthritis
- Helps with cancer treatment
- Lowers blood sugar, and helps reverse insulin resistance in Type 2 diabetes
- Help to heal gut and support the growth of good bacteria
- Helps to reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in the treatment of high cholesterol
- Natural painkiller
- Benefits conditions normally treated by sterioids
Benefits of Kombucha:
Contains vinegar, b-vitamins, enzymes, probiotics and a high concentration of acid (acetic, gluconic and lactic), which are tied with the following effects:
- Improved Digestion
- Weight Loss
- Increased Energy
- Cleansing and Detoxification
- Immune Support
- Reduced Joint Pain
- Cancer Prevention
I really just started to drink it because I knew turmeric helps with inflammation, and I wanted to help Sal, but upon researching further, I realized just how great this is for both of us to be drinking every morning. I even had my friend, Kristyn, pick up more for me at the farmer's market over the weekend. It tastes pretty similar to the dressing on the salad you'd get at a sushi restaurant, and I don't mind that at all! As soon as he leaves for work, I'll make myself a quick, filling, and healthy breakfast, whether that's cinnamon oatmeal, natural pb and banana on multigrain toast, or a healthy smoothie with almond milk and fruits. I then take my multi-vitamins. I used to take Perfect Fit Vitamins, until I found out that Young Living has a Master Formula!
The box contains enough for 30 days, and each package contains 4 vitamins. It's a full-spectrum, multi nutrient complex that contains a liquid vitamin capsule, a micronized nutrient capsule, and a phyto-caplet. It's a vegetable herb blend, and contains a blend of certified organic food extracts that provide vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and B9, Vitamin K, Bioavailable vitamin K2, Vitamin D, high potency vegan vitamin D3, gut flora supporting probiotics, trace minerals, proprietary trace mineral blend of over 25 trace minerals, turmeric in oil and powder form, mineral chelates, and essential oils. They naturally support general health, and well-being for the body, while helping to neutralize free radicals. They contain antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and other food-based nutriments.
When I start my day with my shot and vitamins, I feel ready to take on anything... except that workout... maybe one day.